Join us for a fascinating tour of the major works of public art in downtown Ottawa. Learn about the art and the artists who made them, the role of public art, the history of the work, and the materials used. Tours depart from the Terry Fox Statue at 90 Wellington Street at the corner of Metcalfe Street, across from Parliament Hill. Highlights of the tour include:
This guided walk includes stops at:
- Dancing Bear by Inuit artist Pauta Saila
- The Giant Spider (Maman) by Louise Bourgois
- The National War Memorial by Vernon March
- Samuel de Champlain & Anishnaabe Scout by Hamilton MacCarthy
- Hundred Foot Line by Roxy Paine
- Terry Fox (Marathon of Hope) by John Hooper
- And other areas of interest in Ottawa’s downtown core
Ottawa Walking Tours can customize tours to meet the needs and interests of any group. Please contact us for details and to start planning your next Ottawa Walking Tour. We are also wheelchair accessible.
Bookings are closed for this event.