Date(s) - September 19, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Terry Fox Statue - 90 Wellington
90 Wellington, next to the Terry Fox Statue across from Parliament Hill. Outside of Capital Information Centre.
Join us for a fascinating tour of some of the many works of art in public spaces in downtown Ottawa. Learn about the art and the artists who made the works, the role of public art, and some of the materials used.
We will visit the following works:
- Sir Galahad (Henry Albert Harper) by Ernest Wise Keyser
- The National War Memorial by Vernon March
- Dancing Bear by Pauta Saila
- Samuel de Champlain and Anishnaabe Scout by Hamilton MacCarthy
- Jetée by Steven Beites and Christina M. Joakim
- Hundred Foot Line by Roxy Paine
- and many, many more
Not to be missed by those interested in art and cultural in the National Capital!
Ottawa Walking Tours can customize tours to meet the needs and interests of any group. Please contact us for details and to start planning your next Ottawa Walking Tour. We are also wheelchair accessible.